Dental Veneers are expected to last for a shelf-life of ten to fifteen years. However, this is dependent on how well dental veneers are looked after at home and on the road. With positive oral hygiene, veneers can last for a long time, keeping that shine on your teeth for years to come.
However, there are times when dental veneers have passed their shelf life unexpectedly, and they need to be replaced. Patients may experience dental concerns with underlying teeth. The replacement procedure for dental veneers is simple and uncomplicated. Consider it as an upgrade to improving your smile! At times, patients may not be happy with the final results and would prefer the veneers to change.
The Five Reasons
There is a multitude of reasons why replacing dental veneers should be considered to keep your smile shining.
- Restore High-Quality Veneers – Just like an upgrade of a mobile phone, your phone has become worn-out and you want to replace it with a brand-new phone. This is completely the same concept with veneers. If patients have worn their veneers for years, they’ll naturally want an upgrade to keep those pearly whites shining. General chipping or wear-and-tear is always expected to occur as time goes on. Replace them for a new smile.
- The Underlying Tooth Has Decayed – Dental veneers are durable. However, the underlying tooth needs to be as well. If not, the veneer could detach from the underlying tooth, developing an awkward smile and making your niggling dental concerns visible.
- Veneers Can Separate From Gums Due To Poor Hygiene – Veneers require optimum care just like your normal teeth and should not be treated differently. Not taking care of your teeth and gums could lead to decay, and a gap would increase between the gum and the veneer. Decay can lead to infection, meaning further expensive treatment to the underlying teeth and gums before even considering wearing veneers again.
- You’re Suffering From A Lack Of Confidence – As veneers begin to wear-and-tear, it is natural to feel less confident when smiling. Veneers may lose its shine, stain or even crack, leading you to feel low about your smile. Replacement veneers are worthwhile to restore a white smile.
- The Veneers Were Installed Incorrectly – The dentist is expected to measure the mouth to determine the correct fit for your smile. This is a key step as part of the dental veneers’ procedure. Sometimes, veneers could become loose as your mouth functions and moves. A custom mould should be taken to make sure the veneers are the perfect fit.
Read here on the types of dental veneers that can transform your smile
Dental veneers must be treated like your natural teeth and therefore, require positive oral hygiene to keep your spectacular shine. This includes regular brushing and flossing twice a day, consuming a more clear and lighter diet and using a soft-bristle brush and a non-abrasive toothpaste. You might also be interested in learning more about porcelain veneers.
Do your veneers need to be replaced?
Do you have other concerns with your dental veneers? Simply Dental is ready to restore that shine in your teeth with replacement dental veneers. Simply contact us here and begin your dental journey with us.