Dental Check Up & Clean
Did you Know that you should be getting a dentist check-up and clean every 6 months
A typical dental check up examination consists of the following stages:
1. Visual check of soft tissues – this includes thorough examination of the tongue, cheeks, inside of the lips and the roof and floor of the mouth. Your dentist will check for abnormalities, growths, discolourations or swellings.
2. Charting of your teeth – Our dentists will examine each individual tooth to check for decay. If you have existing tooth fillings or crowns/bridges – these will also be checked thoroughly to ensure they are sound and healthy and that the teeth around them have no sign of decay.
3. Periodontal (gum) probing – Our dentists will visually check your gums for any signs of redness or swelling. A small probe similar to a dipstick may be inserted between the gum and tooth to check for bleeding and also to measure the depth of the pockets between your teeth and gums.
4. X-rays – are taken to help your dentist diagnose any problems under your teeth or between your teeth which may not be seen during the visual exam.
Scaling – removing the tartar deposits from above and below the gum line.
Prophy jet polish – To remove any residual plaque and coffee/cigarette stains.
Professional fluoride application – to prevent future decay and reduce sensitivity.
Preventative advice – We will offer instructions regarding home oral care and diet based on the results of our exam.
Treatment recommendations – If we find any problems our dentists will sit down with you and go through all your treatment options.
Generally if you have minimal dental concerns and minimal calculus we will recommend you to be put on our Continuing Care Program (CCP) – 6 month revisit. We encourage you to attend every 6 months to maintain your smile for life.
When any addition treatment is required, we always provide a thorough explanation of the process, and an upfront quotation of time and cost involved.
A Dental Check-up & Clean is recommended on a 6 month basis. General brushing & flossing does not get all of the food & plaque out of your teeth.An amazing smile starts with a clean & healthy mouth so don't wait any longer. Get your check-up & clean booked in today at our dental chatswood clinic.Preventing expensive, painful dental procedures & appointments is the catalyst for regular 6 month check-up and cleaning sessions. Regular check up and cleans involve looking at signs of tooth decay and gum disease. We have the latest in technology with heat maps & X-Rays which helps us get to the root cause of potentially issues quickly.We will then clean your teeth thoroughly and seek to remove stains on your teeth and address any concerns you have.Once we have completed the scale and clean we can then discuss effective ways to maintain that healthy smile which you can find out below:
- Use a soft toothbrush
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 months
- Brush twice a day
- Use toothpaste with fluoride where possible
- Floss once a day
- Ensure you brush your gums and tongue
Here’s a small sample on our Google reviews for Simply Dental Chatswood
Click here to see all our Google reviews.
Beth Esdale 2 weeks ago
My children (ages 5 and 7) and I always enjoy going to Simply Dental. Dr. Gupta is skilled and professional and has given us some great tips on oral hygiene. The office is clean and attractive, and my kids love that they get to watch Netflix while they're getting their teeth cleaned! We highly recommend this practice for children or adults.
Chevy Ho a month ago
Very friendly dental clinic that is easily accessible. Been coming for regular check ups for 2 years and each time the appointment has been quick and efficient. You never have to wait long and any questions are quickly answered. The equipment seems to be updated quite often which definitely helps get the same clean feeling with a reduced cleaning time.
Hridayananda Goswami a month ago
I had a fabulous experience visiting the clinic. The staff is friendly and the clinic has 3-D X-ray. Dr. Gupta handled my complicated case professionally and with utmost care. Very thankful to the staff and highly recommend for everyone!
Katie Stone 2 weeks ago
Dr. Sakshi Gupta and the team at Simply Dental very professional and friendly. I go for checkups twice a year and find Sakshi gives a personal service and always makes me feel as comfortable as possible. The clinic is conveniently located and I have never been kept waiting when I have an appointment.
Michael Semark a month ago
Great Dentist and believe me as someone who hates going Sakshi and the team are awesome. She is chatty and technically great. Even puts on Netflix for my 5 yr old to watch. Can't rate her more highly.